Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day

I had hoped to do updates everyday on how my fast efforts were things have been a bit insane.

Sunday went pretty well. As I scurried around getting ready for my brother's arrival, I didn't really think about food, until I realized that I'd just absent-mindedly tasted something I was working with. Good going Tiff!
Monday was similar- I'd been trying to focus on my purposes and realized after I swallowed the Skittle Shane had shoved in my mouth that I wasn't paying attention. I was noticing more and more how surrounded by food a person is during the day. Especially while trying to get the boys to eat.
This morning I was feeling pretty well pitiful, I can't even do a full fast- what a bum! But we went to vote anyway. And I was fasting anyway. I was feeling a bit dehydrated, so I mixed up some vinegar and water (yes, weird, I know) and that in my empty stomach effectively quashed any thoughts of eating. It might be cheating, but I sure didn't enjoy it!
I may not have hit the ideal I had set for myself, but I did learn some lessons.
1. I may not be able to count for much on the national/ world-wide scale, but what I say and do in my circle of family and friends counts for alot. I DO count for something, somewhere, for someone. Someday, I hope to figure out what, where and who.
2. The amount of prayer in my life is sadly lacking where I need and want it to be. I know that that alone, could and did make my last few days easier. I am the weak one, not Him.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for your efforts Tiff. :) I miss you my friend and you definitely count as one of my dearest friends and a person that strives to live what she believes... something truly admirable.
    I love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!