Tuesday, I finally did it. I dropped the kids at a friends' house, kidnapped his wife, and ran away! No, a bunch of friends all met for dinner and a movie. It was thoroughly needed- I was on the verge of insanity and I'm not joking around.
We saw, you guessed it, Twilight. After reading mny reviews, and being a bit let down by the Harry Potter movies, we didn't want to keep our hopes to high for this one. But I thought it was pretty good.
You could tell they stuck to thier budget. And adjusted a few things from the book to fit a movie. The actors were a bit furry for marble, but I can imagine the reaction that would have come from asking someone to shave his chest and arms in addition to his face-repeatedly, every day... fight that 5'o'clock shadow! I hadn't pictured the character of Jacob to be quite the pretty boy they had in the film, but the actor was alright. The Dad and Billy were utterly perfect and were at times the best part. I'm still wondering about the Bella character, I don't know exactly what it is, but something is off about her in my opinion. All said and done, it was very fun. Definately one I'd see again. One or two of the ladies there hadn't read the books and they were getting into the story as much as the rest of us dorks. We were told that we were acting like a bunch of teenage girls, which was the whole point and idea of the night- to escape reality for a split second. I guess we succeeded.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!