This week is one to be dreaded in the halls of military housing units everywhere. Espeically when the kids (and husband) are playing with being sick. And work has been nutters with one of our happy little bunch moving on and I'm training all I can to take over more of the work-load. To say the least, the house was a bit a-shambles. But I had high hopes to get it squared away before our Thursday appointment. When I got home from work Monday afternoon, Brett got to use that famous line "Do you want to know what went on in this house today?!" (Bill Engvall for those that were wondering who made it famous.)
Apparently, afer I left that morning, Shane kindly went back to sleep... and Austin woke up- crabby. So when the 10 men that make up the housing inspection team showed up unexpectedly, they found Brett with a screaming Austin in just a diaper (Austin was, I believe and hope that Brett had on more than that.) Paco barking his head off because someone knocked on HIS door. The house looking like Tornadoes Shane and Austin had hit en force (which they had.) And Shane snoozing- testing the fire alarms is NOT the best way to wake up a boy with sensitive ears! There were fathers in the group so they understood when Brett asked if they could come back another day.
Today was that day. So I spent ALL of Monday afternoon cleaning. I woke up early today to get to work on the kitchen. But Shane and Austin had other ideas for me. When the Housing Inspection team arrived I was only part way through refilling the dishwasher and Austin was refusing to let me put him down. Gratefully, the one in charge has a little one at home that just turned one and has recently started walking. He repeatedly told me how hard he thinks the job of a mom is. And how everything looked fine and I shouldn't worry about it. I got the feeling that I looked tired and frazzled there in my sweats. What do you think?
Brett says we're determined to keep the house neater. To translate that (I asked for more specific clarification on the "we") as long as I don't go to bed with the house remotely mussed, he will make sure that the boys don't make a mess while he's in charge. That needed translation too, in my mind. It comes out that while I'm at work he will give Shane all the milk he can drink, only let Austin eat goldfish and Nilla wafers; and they will not play,but all sit around naked on the couch snoozing and watching movies. Keep in mind I don't get home until after 2 in the afternoon.
WHAT am I going to DO with this guy?!
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!