Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toughing It Out

The Relief Society here had a sleep over this weekend- I know, crazy huh. It gets better. I'd planned to drag my boss/friend Christiana out with me since we wouldn't be staying the night and would be missing the spiritual stuff. But at the last minute her husband flaked out and she opted to stay home with the kids. Just as I arrived at her house, in the middle of a doozie of a storm... thier power goes out. When we finally haul everyone back to my house where there was power, i was an hour and a half late for the fun. The house that we were "partying" at was on the side of town that had no power, so I spent the drive out there trying to reach someone- anyone who could tell me if the location was going to change or what.
Nope, talk about mmaking out pioneer heritage proud (well I don't have any, but you know what I mean.) I arrived to find them cooking the pizzas in Dutch Ovens on the sister's propane stove. We made "scones" with the left-over pizza dough, with honey and butter- and ate until most of us were sick, then the lights came on!
It was lots of fun. I lost track of time and literally ran out at 10 when someone pointed out how late it was. Austin hadn't nursed all day and I got to feeling that on my way home. It was a whirlwind bed time but I wouldn't have missed the few stolen hours away.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun... I wish I could whisk you away and have an afternoon to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and resourceful!Glad you got a ladies night. And btw...I'm so glad that I posted that play dough recipe today! Aaron played with some at a library storytime the other day, but it was so gritty. I knew there had to be a better recipe out there and we found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!