A while back, I was talking with my younger brother (don't you hate it when they get to that point where you can't call them 'little' anymore? So what if he's 6'?!) who is down in Cali studying film (how cool does that sound). And we were briefly discussing clips and shorts he was working on, and what I thought would make a good movie. Well, I had to gloat a bit. 'The Greatest Gift' by Stovall, it's a inspirational feel-good book that I got from the Deseret sale last fall. I suggested it to him- it's been made into a movie (haven't seen it yet). We talked about Terry Pratchett, a British author I like to read- one of his has been made into a movie ('The Hogfather', not the one I would have chosen. Not worth watching, definately worth reading.) And finally, we talked a bit about the Orson Scott Card series about Alvin Maker. If anyone has seen the new tween movie 'The Seeker: The Dark is Rising", it has a similar basis- the seventh son of a seventh son has powers and has to save the world from the Darkness (or in the book, the Unmaker).
As you can see, I've seen some OK movies this week, and some rather stinkers. The next one that's on my list is the 'Twilight' movie, in theatres at the end of the month. I've watched a few trailers and spots and my hopes are not terribly high.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!