Saturday, November 1, 2008

Copy Cat

Brett's sister Nikki and her family did an adorable FHE activity where they made tombstones to put up in thier yard for Halloween decorations. I thought it'd be a fun thing for me and the boys to do too... oh boy!
Shane did his part, but didn't get terribly involved.
Austin, like usual, gave himself to the creation, and tasted it a bit too.
These were scattered all over my kitchen, and up the stairs too when Brett called at a inoppertune time.
Austin had one bath that he did not enjoy a whole heap- Mom had to soap and scrub all over- and wash out his mouth, hopefully for the last time in his life. (yeah, right) Ewwww.. look at that dirty bath water!
In order to try to save myself some elbow grease while scrubbing the carpet footprints, I wrapped Austin in this swim suit cover-up (or head wrap) that was laying around. He thought he was pretty cool stuff.
So did Shane, he insisted that it was his turn and wore it the rest of the night. When Dad got home Shane was unafraid to show off his man-skirt.
While Shane wasn't up for painting, he does LOVE to help me clean up. I'm so greatful that my cleaners are not dangerous for him to mess with! And inexpensive (while still being SO effective) because he does spray an area very, very well.
When the tombstones were dry, we painted the RIP on and used neon puff paints to write our names on them. Shane helped me write with the little paint bottles and thought that was wonderful- clean hands. I even swiped some abandoned stakes from the road construction project (if anyone turns me in, I'll know who! Sorry Jarred.) so we could plant them firmly in my overgrown "garden beds" so the school kids wouldn't knock them down. Hijacking some clear trash bags from work (with permission) so they wouldn't turn to mush in the rain and we were set!
Alas, it was all in vain.
Brett kept putting his off. Then I needed help finding the saw and staple gun to get them finished so I could plant them- Brett has the keys to the shed. So they sit on my table taking up space and collecting stuff on thier flat surface. >sigh<>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!