So today turned quite interesting. I broke a tooth last week and the dentist thinks it was from an old root canal/absess that never healed properly. So, after much juggling and begging, and promising, I got the boys taken care of and headed into the dentist chair yet again. In the process of being on the phone much of the day yesterday, I noticed that my face had a numbish tingly feeling when I touched it- kind of like the very tail end of being numbed at the dentist. That'd happened before just before I had some teeth problems so I was thinking it was a darn good thing I was already going to the dentist- right.
I think I've been blessed to end up with a pretty good dentist here in Sitka, so I had no problem telling him my past experience with the tingles and sat back for the fun to begin. Well, first he wanted more x-rays, he does alot of x-rays. Then he poked my face a bit and asked a few questions and, with the x-rays from today and some he took back in August in hand, he announced that he didn't think it was a tooth problem and that he wouldn't be doing any work until it was taken care of. He pointed to sinusitus, and reminding me that though he sees it alot, he is not a doctor, insisted that I call right away and take the x-rays in to get the needed anti-biotics before it gets any worse. Sir, yes sir!
I called the Doctor's office right away and agreed to a same-day appointment with whoever was available. So they poked, prodded, tickled and peeked thier way through all the things doctors do and decided that it wasn't anything to do with my sinuses because I haven't been sick (that I've noticed) recently. I mentioned that I don't pay much attention to myself being sick, but that was (I felt) dismissed. That doctor says Shingles and I'm not too comfortable/confident in that declaration. She gave me a script for meds, and I'm going to get a second opinion (and one or two online ones- Tim and Mary? please?)
Needless to say, it's been a bit of a rough day, going back and forth, juggling kids and sitters, and doctors. What a mess... now on to the mess I left at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!