Monday, October 13, 2008

Thusday the 9th

Ok, to recap our busy weekend...
Thursday started with Austin's 1 year doctor's appointment. Everything went very well. He weighed in at 19# 7 1/2 ounces and 29 1/8 "tall. A very healthy little guy. We all ended up getting shots, Shane and I the flu shot and Aussie got it too, as well as 3 others. We'll have to go back in a month to get his 2nd flu shot and a few more.

I mentioned earlier about Austin's car seat getting switched to facec the front. He absolutely loves it and talks happily everytime we go over the bridge!


Daddy's new Super-Duty Vaccume Sealer arrived this morning, so when Dad woke up around noon, he opened it up and we all admired the shiny stainless steel.


With it's protective white plastic covers.
Good thing, 'cause Austin was very curious, and very, very, very sticky.
I was working on putting together the cake for the baby shower Friday and was feeling like the neglectful mom. So when I could look at cake no longer, we all got dressed and went for a walk over to base. One of the ladies that had purchased books at my last show was over there at a CGSA (spouses's association) activity. I wanted to go but thought that other things held precedence- like the boys and that durn cake.

Shane walked backward the last half of the way. He did very well listening and didn't stomp in any puddles until on the way home- which was our deal.
Austin decided that he was big enough to walk the whole way as well. He found 2 sticks and was very happy... from puddle to puddle. I ended up having to carry him past the puddles and the worst of the mud, he wasn't happy about that but I let him walkin between times and he seems to have survived the disappointment.
His little legs were working so fast trying to keep up with Shane, who was waiting for no one.

On the way home, I made good on my promise to Shane and let him explore the puddles since he was wearing his "brown boots" (Xtra Tuffs). I waited until the last big puddle before the house to let Austin free to join in on the fun.
Shane was concerned at first because Austin was not wearing boots, but it was too late already.

Shane is very good about stopping and going to the grass whenever he sees a car whether it's turning our way or not. I wish he was as attentive at the grocery store when he runs out into the busy parking lot without looking.
Austin only sat in the puddle once, which I count as good. He hated to leave though, for cars or cold. All my neighbors gave me knowing looks out thier windows (one was just coming home- he actually laughed) as I carried a screaming boy past, Shane held my hand and came along, but boy he did NOT look happy.

We all got warmed up and the boys dumped out the Lincoln Logs. Shane is starting to actually build things with the logs. He helps make the houses before knocking them down.
Austin isn't as productive yet, which is just fine with me... rolling in logs can be fun too.... right?

We went to the Library as a treat today too. Sitting on the couch in the kids' room was a noisy book that we ignored until Shane started getting noisy and bossy. I had to grab the first book that came to hand. It was a huge hit and came home with us for a few days.


He loved to act it out- it was a very simple plot line.

Although the characters in the book weren't quite as intimate and insistant as Shane can be.

The duck keeps schmooching on the pink poodle. The dog repeatedly asks him to stop. Finally, the duck sadly explains that he just wanted to show his love for the little dog. That makes the poodle happy and he kisses the duck right back. Then they decide that next time, hugs would be drier.

The little circle in the upper right circle made kissy noises when you pressed it. Of course, Mom would jump on Shane- or Austin and give real schmooches and was much noisier. It was a good book, but Daddy didn't like it at all. It was about kissing first off, and it made him look bad that a duck could express his feelings better than a dad can. ;) We still love him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!