Last week Daddy and I started talking about commemorating Austin's Big 0-1 birthday.
We went over the usual, friends, toys, cake, etc... and Dad mentioned that Aussie could probably use a haircut- more than the trim I usually give him. Long-haired Hippie child.

As you can see, it was getting a bit on the long side, so I agreed and didn't think much of it.

That is.. until we were on a library trip. The boys were terrorizing the place, while I tried to get checked out. A nice older lady was wrangling Austin in the entry way- keeping him from injury and escape. I went to grab him up... again.. and she commented on how adorable she was. (did you catch that, or see it coming- "she") I corrected her- and she went on to say that he was simply to gorgeous to be a boy. Ugh! The hair has GOT TO GO! So it went.
Austin fell asleep on me yesterday. Brett fetched me some scissors and I akwardly removed all Austin baby fuzz hair! At times I was doing it one-handed, and Brett found a few spots to tease me about- but all in all I thought I did an ok job.
And afterwards we gotto have a bit of fun! Shane watched me cutting Austin's hair and he wanted to give it a go. But of course, that wasn't going to happen. So I had a stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. I stuck all Austins hair clippings into a plastic play cup and handed Shane the scissors. In hind-sight, I should have saved a lock to put in Austin's baby book- I thought I had but now it's AWOL. Shane practiced his cutting and snipping and had tons of fun.
He was very careful to keep the scissors away from all important body parts- they were rather sharp. And he tried very hard to keep all the bits of hair in the red cup, and I appreciated it. He was also careful not to touch any of it, asking me to do it on the rare occasion some landed outside the cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!