Today was a day of multi-tasking. Half the time I felt completely insane and overwhelmed. The other half I felt more like super mom. Everything got done and turned out wonderfully. Maybe that's the key to success for me- too many things going at once. Someone once said that one or two of my brothers work best that way- ADHD nuts!
Any hoo, as I created Austin's birthday cake, I also prepared for that night's book show I was set to do. Daddy ran off to play football- the day shift guys were going to take on the night and mid shift guys- they were sure to get a whipping as payback for the load they weren't carrying and Brett wanted to be there to see it. He insisted that he wasn't going to help because he's not the biggest guy there is and didn't want to get hurt himself.
Shane and Austin helped me get ready. They taste-tested the different colored frosting...


and helped stamp my name and e-mail address onto the bookmarks that I give out free. Shane also did the catalogs but that took more attention on my part, so the pictures didn't get taken.



Austin thought everything looked like fun, so I let each of them have turns stamping the be-jee-bees out of a piece of paper. Wasting ink I know, but they loved it.


Then we headed to the special bookshelf to load up the books that I had to take with me. 2 1/2 boxes worth of books! I'll be getting big ol' muscles if I keep this up regularly!

Somehow, Dad didn't comprehend that I needed him to watch the kids while I was at the party. (He wasn't allowed to leave on his shrimping trip until Sunday morning cause.... I wanted him to sit at home and watch movies by himself?! I thought I was doing okay, but maybe I need to take some lessons on speaking Man-ish.) So after repeated phone calls (I know he doesn't have his phone on him while playing football but he was practically home before he decided to call me back), I loaded up the kids and took them with me until Brett could come and get them. I was 1/2 hour late so things were late getting started. I need to work on this.
The show went very well, I got lots of leads and enthusiasm and sold some books right out of my collection. One in particular that I got so I could look at teaching myself Spanish (they don't have Easy Man-ish). Oh, well, maybe next time!
Next on the Usborne agenda... I have a couple e-shows going, and my first preschool book fair is next week. I'm really nervous and hope that Brett will be aware and willing to help me out. I love the boys but trying to watch them and hold a conversation on books with other parents isn't easy or professional. Hope that goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!