Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Friday the 10th

Friday started out with a feild trip over to the Elementary school for more tests, this time with the speech therapist. I wasn't too thrilled with this guy's style, though he did have a few good ideas. After about half an hour, Shane was very much done. We tried to push on and Shane ended up shutting down completely. Well, if I could just get the first Speech Therapist we went to to send me a copy of her report then the battery of tests would be mostly eliminated. Though they still want a hearing test done... that's scheduled for Monday.








The best part of interview was the train set that Mr. Steve had set up in his window. Shane has been all about trains and planes lately. As soon as I have a second to put together the family's Christmas List, those will be on the top of Shane's!



I felt really bad about this one little bit though, you see the little door standing open on the train set shed? Shane was a bit upset by the end of the testing, and he seems to have let his OCD ease the stress by exerting control on the little things. First he insisted that all the doors be closed, with the Thomas train inside, then, before we could leave, that one (the one with Thomas) had to be opened- pitched a fit until I could understand him enough to do what he asked. Poor guy, if we can avoid that guy I think we will.


On our way out we had some fun though. Austin decided to visit another classroom- it was empty thankfully.

The school has a big ol' fish tank just as you enter the doors and it's Shane's favorite thing to stop and see the fish, stars, and the worms (eels)


There's the little table, all the dead/dried critters under glass, just Austin's size too. Sorry about the drooly fingers mister janitor!

Shane is an awesome big brother! He does really well at showing Austin all the cool things in the fish tank.

I was just thinking... the doctor's office has a tank too... that's in addition to the actual touch tank in town. No wonder kids around here know more sea creatures than any other place I've been.

After the school, we headed to the store to get a good treat- and more powdered sugar for mom's cake mess. I taught Shane bad things! The store here doesn't have those cool car carts for the kids to play in, nor do they have the double seat carts, so both kids can ride. So when Shane has exhausted my patience running off, or if he's just too tired from the day, we have a bit of a tough time. This ought to keep some fun in the chore as well as save my little guys legs some miles.

Austin usually loves going to the stores, with all the adoring fans, today was no different. He's such a ham!

The finale of the day was the babyshower. Loading up the car with everything and the boys was a trick- especially with the storm that was blowing in (it only got worse). Like me, the wind and rain seems to calm the boys and before I got to the store for that unaviodable last minute stop, they were both asleep. So I made do without whatever it was I wanted to get at the store (the present I promised Shane for one). It was 5:30n pm but I just let them lay, they were going to wake up in a stressful party environe, screams and tears were the last thing I wanted for them.
Austin doesn't do as well getting moved while asleep, so he woke up and joined us.
While Shane slept on and on and on and on...
Austin played catch with Ms Nancy. She's the primary music lady and just ran for Mayor. She didn't win, but maybe next time. Both the boys love her.
Our friend's girl Heidi (2) taught Austin the joy of spinning in circles. He'll only do it in the kitchen right now, that's where he was taught, but it's super duper cute.

Of course, Shane woke up right in time for opening presents (helping- he did very well at keeping his fingers off when the opening was happening, but was very conciensious in makeing sure Jessica had the next present in line).

Over all it was a good day. The kids were wound up (of course) when we got home but they'd had lots of fun and were very good all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!