We are not very good at holding regular Family nights. Partly becaue Daddy works on Monday nights, and partly because it's family time most every night for Mom and the boys. Monday is generally our Library day, but other than that there's nott much to speak of.
Last week I decided to give it a go, and to make sure I followed through, I invited some friends in the same boat we are- kids small enough to have no clue what's going on. Good thing too, I was going to talk to Shane about helping people- then we went to the library and he picked out Dora and Diego. He was so involved in them helping people that I figured the fuss would defeat my lesson if I were to turn it off- so Dora ended up with the lesson.
When Dora finally ended (you'd be amazed how long one of those half hours can feel) the Mommies frosted some sugar cookies while the kids ran amoke around us and ate the frosting. Austin ended up a la diaper in his frosting enthusiasm.
We used some of the leftover frosting from Austin's B-day cake (yeah orange and green!) and the cookies turned out really cute. The plan was to package up some and take them to someone as a gift. Our friend Angie took some home to munch and the rest disappeared pretty quickly, we never got any to anyone else.

Then Daddy got out his little RC car (as opposed to the big gas powered one that Shane is terrified of) and we all chatted and watched him do tricks.

All the boys loved it. Shane was a bit uncertain at first but soon got into the fun by getting the car for Daddy when he crashed it. 
Austsin was fine, but preferred to be up on the couch with me, where the car couldn't get him.
Woods, Angie's boy was absolutely enthralled!

Austin LOVES it when we have friends over. And makes sure they know it by showering them with affection.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!