I have been looking forward to the end of the rain and the coming of snow for many reasons. Playing outside with the kids is a bit cleaner (no mud bogs and puddles) and Brett gets LOTS of time for therapy and meditation while keeping the sidewalk clear (self-imposed, I assure you).
Friday my friend (and boss) Christiana called to let me know that the salt truck has finally been pulled out of it's moth balls! Snow was in the forcast- a full inch overnight.
I breifly exaulted over the white stuff on the cars as we drove home from the store last night. That kicked off a bit of a discussion with Brett on the classification of low-temperature precipitation. (Sorry, I like to use big words when I can. Talking with the boys, I don't often get to exercise my vocabulary except creatively.) We went over the aspects that define snow vs sleet, how big it needs to be to be considered hail and how most the population is generally mistaken in their generalizations. So, to be utterly correct, we did not get any snow (unless you ask Shane). It was merely a mixture of the different types of sleet, that excessively mixed with rain, and the kind that is hard and granular, but too small to be classified as hail
;P What a nut I married! (at least he's talking to me again.)
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
You two are funny! I really miss you guys. :(
ReplyDeletefyi... it was 70 and sunny yesterday.
It was 70 and sunny here too :P
ReplyDelete