Yeah for Alaska Day!
I know it's kind of dorky, I think Sitka (and maybe Juneau) is the only place that celebrates the state holiday. They do a re-enactment that we haven't gotten to see yet. There's all sorts of little stuff going on. The Library does a big ol' Book Sale- which I missed this year >:( And a PARADE!
I was going to have tons of pictures of the boys and the parade- it was very cool this year- with a whole fleet of bagpipers, the National Gaurd had their band, the Middle School band, the Coast Gaurd marched (Brett pulled fly-over duty again, so we waved at the helicopters- sorta) and tons of candy! Yeah! Austin was very chill about the crowds and didn't take long to figure out the candy on the ground. Shane however backed up against the buildings when they started throwing candy and had me cover his ears the ENTIRE time. When the grand finale came (where the firetrucks and ambulances spout off thier sirens as they go by) the Bishop's wife held Austin while Shane and I made a loop around the block away from the noise and people.
The Coast Gaurd Spouse's Association was also in the parade- I didn't hear about it in time- but it was lots of fun to see everyone we knew marching down the street looking ridiculous!
Next time I'm hoping not to be flying solo, so we just might get some good pictures.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!