Saturday, October 4, 2008

Looooove Notes

As a precurser to my little list, let me explain. I was talking with my younger sister Shannon yesterday- she's in like with another new guy (I'm sure you all remember how it was back in the day). The funny thing was that I ran across this funny list online right afterwards, so I thought I'd share. I edited the unfunny, uninteresting, or inappropriate.


1. Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don't.
2. Feminist women are more likely than other females to be in a romantic relationship.
3. The single biggest predictor of love is proximity.
4. Falling in love can induce a calming effect on the body and mind and raises levels of nerve growth factor for about a year, which helps to restore the nervous system and improves the lover's memory.
5. Love can also exert the same stress on your body as deep fear. You see the same physiological responses — pupil dilation, sweaty palms, and increased heart rate. (love is a scary thing.)
6. Brain scans show that people who view photos of a beloved, experience an activation of the caudate — the part of the brain involving cravings.
7. The women of the Tiwi tribe in the South Pacific are married at birth.
8. Eleven percent of women have gone online and done research on a person they were dating or were about to meet, versus seven percent of men.
9. Couples' personalities converge over time to make partners more and more similar.
10. The oldest known love song was written 4,000 years ago.
11. According to mathematical theory, we should date a dozen people before choosing a long-term partner; that provides the best chance that you'll make a love match.
12. People telling the story of how they fell in love overwhelmingly believe the process is out of their control.
13. Having a romantic relationship makes both genders happier. The stronger the commitment, the greater the happiness!

And lastly, this one is for you, Stan!
14. People who are newly in love produce decreased levels of the hormone serotonin — as low as levels seen in people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Perhaps that's why it's so easy to feel obsessed when you're smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!