Monday, August 25, 2008

Totem Park

We went to visit Totem Park Friday before Grandma and Grandpa left. Grandma was missing her usual walks and since it was dry and not windy, we meandered along with the trails. We looked at the totems, watched fish spawn and die in the rivers, and saw tourists chasing eagles on the beach. We ran and munched Huckleberries and in general had a blast!
Making a Totem Pole



The best 2 totems in the park.
Mom didn't want to spend the $4 to see the actual museum
part of the park, so I can't tell you too much
about the workings of totem building.
It looks pretty obvious, but I'm sure there's a
trick out there that noone's told me about yet.
This was pretty cool, a little dirt on Sitka.
Below is one story of the volatile past of our little rock.
Shee Atika is the name of the Native performers here
And New Archangel is that of the Russian dancers.
We didn't go see either but I thought the relation was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!