Monday, August 25, 2008

Beepin' Bus!

The one sure sign of school starting in a house where no one goes to school (yet) is the arrival of the school bus. That dag-nabbed, stinkin' beepin' school bus!
Every morning is much the same... first the noisy rush of kids to the bus stop- which is right in front of our house. They trample all plants, attack the trees and sheds and pull the wall down around the CG sign planter. The yelling and jabber is only lessened when it rains and they have to cross the street to the shelter. I like the rain. But the rain does NOT muffle the arrival of the bus. In most areas that wouldn't be a big deal. I don't know if buses down south are equipted with the strobe lights... talk about headache! The bus rumbles in, it's lights flashing- lighting up the whole house practically, stops... then backs up before stopping to let the kids on board. (This is so it doesn't have to do any turning around... just back out the gate. Yes, the bus BEEPS when it backs up! Oh joy!
There aren't a whole heap of kids that live out here... you'd think a bus in the morning and one in the afternoon wouldn't be insane-making.... There are 3 buses!!!!!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, we have the strobe lights too. And a wierd "RREEE RREEE RREEE" sound whenever the 'stop' sign is out for kids - maybe to alert blind drivers?? - anyway. We are lucky. We only have two busses since the grade schoolers are considered in walking distance.

    Good Morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How annoying! I could always hear the one in Kodiak! No busses that I have seen here - that is a plus!

    No - Twix (2 boxes) are definitely NOT a pregnancy craving -I just wanted chocolate!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!