We went in today to finish up Shane's final test. He had a ton of fun playing with the speech pathologist, Suzan. They played playdough and cars, and she had an awesome tiger flashlight that she used to check out Shane's mouth, then let him play with.
Then it was time to go and she started explaining what she was going to put in her report to the doctor and insurance. I wish Brett had been there 'cause I didn't understand half of what was said though she didn't really use technical terms. So,I had her write a bit down to help me explain- I still don't get it 100% but here it goes...
"Difficulty with language concepts that deal with spatial concepts (i.e. prepositions). This may be worked on by helping him with awareness of his body. Sensory integration dysfunction."
So, one thing I did understand the she warned me about- if you punch the sensory integration thing into your search engine there will be alot of stuff in realtion to autism. Shane does NOT have autism! There is SID without autism (but rarely autism w/o SID). We talked about his difficulties with unfamiliar 2 part instructions, and the spatial (i.e. the binky next to your monkey).
There it is. We'll most definately be doing the preschool this fall. And possible extra play times with Suzan. If you have any questions, or know more about than I do and can explain, feel free to call or write. 'Cause I sure don't know what to do next.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!