Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunbeams

Today was Shane's first day as a Sunbeam- in the big 3 year olds Sunday School class instead of in the nursery. He was NOT in the mood for pictures today, so... sorry. It also made us (me) a tad nervous about the changes. Luckily, his new teacher used to be his nursery leader as well, so there's no problem there. That didn't stop me from peeking in every once in a while to see how he was taking things. When I saw him kneeling on the floor, turned around so he could color on his chair (remember doing that- using the chair seat as a table to hold your work of religious art?) I finally told myself in a firm voice to stop peeking.
Not 5 minutes later- I hear Shane crying. I sent Brett to check, hoping it wasn't my kid after all. But when you hear the cries of your own, you just know. So, following, I came to find a tear-streaked, crumpled little face hanging half way between a Primary sister and Brett. He quickly changed directions when he saw me. As I handed Austin off to Brett and gathered up Shane, Sister Kris and Brett (who saw and heard some of the fuss) brought me up to speed.

He got his head stuck in the chair.

Yup- what a little boy thing to do. It didn't take too terribly long for me to calm him down and we returned to sit together on the little chairs in the front row of Primary. Soon, Austin's hollers wafted their way into the room, easily heard over the music of singing time. Shane turned to me, his eyes still a bit wet, and in the most sympathetic, pitifully sad-for-someone-else voice, said, "Austin's sad." And turned back to singing time, dismissing me to go deal with the next crisis (just a tired baby).

2 comments:

  1. I can totally see shane doing this! Isn't it wonderful how a dose of Mommy cures everything. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are becoming such big kids! Brings me joy and breaks my heart all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!