Yesterday snow was falling. Today rain is falling. What's on my mind this morning is chidren falling. There's an old song "Please help me I'm falling in love with you.." Ah, but I have boys- if they're anything like their father or uncles, it will be decades yet before I have to worry about THAT type of falling.
Brett has declared '09 as a year of growing up. I think all the progress with Shane has excited him. As of this week, Shane sleeps on the top bunk. This involves a ladder up and down (and no rubbing Mommy's face all night- that's my favorite part). So far, so good. Except...
I believe I've mentioned how Austin loves to climb... and have posted pictures of him and ladders (he made it all the way to the top of the huge one at work- scary!) You can see where this is going...
They love to climb up and down the ladder. Austin likes to perch on the top step, and survey his kingdom. He occasionally misses on his way and "power slides" down- he loves it, thinks it's funny; it's prompted Mommy to surround the bottom of the ladder with pillows. Sometimes he misses the rungs all together and slips through them- hitting the pillows behind the ladder.
All of these happenings made me wonder if 'bunk'ing the beds was the best idea, but I stuck with it.
Then, one day, things went sideways. I carefully watched Austin climb up the ladder. Turned to put Shane's socks on him. and turned back to have a little boy bounce out of my lap and hit the floor.
Austin fell off the top bunk.
I'm still trying to covince Brett that, though the top bunk does have railings, maybe a containment net or more rails (higher) would be a good project.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
Intense! I can't imagine trying to keep Brod off a bunk bed, he'd scale and fall, scale and fall, scale and fall. Maybe you could just wrap him in bubble wrap? Good luck!
ReplyDelete