Monday, July 7, 2008

Boom Boom KaBoom

I must say, the best place to be on the 4th of July has got to be
Sitka, Alaska,
At the last minute, they decided to hold the fireworks at 11:30 on the 3rd because the weather was supposed to turn ugly. But with all the lodges, organizations and individuals that joined in on the fun, they actually started at 10. Daddy had duty, in case District command decided that they should go flare chasing, so the boys and I bundled up and went chasing lights of our own.
We passed up alot of good spots to end up at the harbor in the middle of town. We were literally turning in circles to keep up with the different shows, one not 200 feet away. Austin was asleep immediately. When I got Shane out of the car, he was stuck to me like last weeks band-aid; until I put him back in the car, where he felt safe enought to point to the fireworks and enjoy them a bit.

Whenever a really big one went off, he would cover his mouth... it was THE cutest thing.

At 11:30 we loaded back up and snuck our way back through town to the site the city had chosen to launch thier show. We got a great spot at the uncrowded end of the ramp. Shane stayed in the car again and after just a few fireworks, he was off to dreamland with Austin. So I climbed up ontop of the car (so I could see the boys through the sun roof) and watched the show by myself. It was warmish out and they did an awesome job of setting up the show. The sound was literally echoing off the mountains, shaking the car. It was an experience not to miss. The City show ended at 12:15 and I headed home to get the boys in bed even though the unofficial fireworks were still going strong.
It was a great start to a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!