Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ouch!

I find it really rather funny that when y9ou NEED to see the doctor, but it's not an ER emergency, they can't get you in for weeks on end. It is very hard not to point out that in 2 weeks I won't need the doc because the problem will have gone away on it's own- or killed me.
Rewind...
(yes, I'm done venting)
Wednesday, at work we get our truck shipments.
Usually a very busy but fun time.
This week went a little weird.
The truck came very early and I was by my onesie in the store.
Not a big deal, 'cept I have to man-handle the "little" stuff while the driver moves the giant pallets. Part of the "little stuff" are the kayaks,
all wrapped up in plastic.
We only had the shorter kayaks this go around
so I was able to muscle them into the building without too much difficulty.
This is always a dirty job, so when my wrist got itchy I didn't think much of it.
It wasn't 'til the truck was gone and I was by myself again that I looked.
I know it's fuzzy, but you can kinda see the darker area.
Believe it or not, it's not a bruise!
This happened once before on my finger, but that one was fairly small.
And it went away fairly quickly.
This one looks the same but really had me concerned with how quickly it grew
and how long it's hanging around.
As far as I can figure- I had a reaction to something on thekayak plastic.
It hurts like a bruise.
Itches like a bug bite.
Swells like a welt.
A beautiful purple, blue and red combo.
And there's no way that the doctor can see me now.

The inner circle was where it was swollen when I first noticed it. The outer one was where it had gotten to when I got off work that afternoon. As you can see, the "bruise"-ish thing is still growing... on down my wrist and up toward my palm.

It's still a bit swollen and hurts.

So... what should I do now?

It will be gone by the time the doc can see me. I'd love to know what and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!