Saturday we had our ward Pioneer Day party- what a fun time it turned out to be!
Nothing fancy like the larger wards.
We stared out waiting around for everyone to show up. Brett says I told him the wrong time (half hour early) because I spaced it. But I really did it on purpose... because, usually we show up at least 30 minutes late and everyone has already gone through the food and so no one eats what I brought! So I told him it was at 4, we showed up at 4:15 and it didn't start until 4:30. For once it worked!
Shane was running around with the older boys- they were very kind playing along with him even when he wasn't being the most careful. He was being the getter here with Jordan.
Dad and Austin hanging out while I ran around helping get things set up.
I found that my camera has this cool feature to let me take a picture of myself- not that anyone wants to see me but it'll help.

They started the fun by getting everyone's bake-off entries set up inside. I attempted cinnamon rolls and Swedish Twists (same thing different shape)- but with yeast. My fisrt try working with yeast wasn't a complete failure but it certainly didn't win any prizes. Maybe next year!
Then we all trouped out and teamed up to do the fire starting race. Brett and Shane were spposed to be on a team, but Shane saw his friends helping someone else and went to help them too. That team actually won! It was a mom, her 11-year-old and whatever under 6 kids that wanted to help! Brett gave up after a while as did our friend Jared (seen chatting with Brett) He's a city cop over here- you couldn't tell by looking at him but he's got a number different black belts and is quiet feared by evil-doers on this rock.


Then they lined up the kids to do the nailing race...
Shane did great but certainly didn't win.
(Mainly because when I reminded Dad to teach him on Friday he started just teaching him to tap tap tap. But when Shane casually tossed the hammer onto Dad's stomach the lessons ended in tears and some serious talking about how we treat hammers. We never got back to it.)
Austin watched the kids.

Until he got too tired (and cold- look at his pink fingers and toes!)
There's one more picture that is still coming (my friend has to e-mail it to me). The Adults did our own nailing races. Ladies first, of course- after the first few goes, they told me I couldn't play any more. Then the boys went; Brett won, followed closely by Jared and the Bishop- the teenagers gave a weak showing. We were awarded the "Fastest Hammers in the North" prizes (a piece of paper and all the good natured ribbing you can eat)After chowing down on al the deserts (before dinner of course), Shane only wanted cookies. There were some delicious salmon berry pies (I'm hunting down the recipe for when Mom and Dad Banks come up. Then we all we all scattered home. It was a good day, woudn't you say.
Yay a picture of you! Your boys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteTiffiny, your boys are darling! I'm glad you got our blog off of Terri's website! We are moved into our new place, all except the last 2 crates which are coming Tuesday! I can't wait! Take care!!
ReplyDelete