Speech classes started today for Shane. It's taken so long to get it all worked out with the insurance, that he's advanced ALOT since his first evaluation. But he's still not terribly understandable for anyone other than me so we're going to go ahead.
It was really fun today. It's been dumping snow on us (that post comes later) and I got up early so we'd have time to bundle up and clean off the car, and drive really really slow. Then the Speech Pathologist; Suzan called. Her appointment that followed ours had tried to cancel because of the snow, so she arranged to go to thier home, and it was in the area, did we want to make ours a home visit too? Luckily we had company on Sunday and the house was still mostly clean.
She got down and spent the hour talking with Shan and using his interests (trains & fishing poles) to play the word games and practice the sounds. We noticed how detail oriented Shane can be, and how he loves using his fingers to play games. I noticed this before, but her suggestion of teaching him more sign language to help is a little intimidating to me.
I'll try to take pictures next time, though it doesn't look as get-up-and-go as Occupational Therapy is.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
The more activities I do with my kids, the more I realize just how "hands on" children really are. Sounds like an interesting endeavor for you and the Shaner.
ReplyDelete