Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blankies

I've been contemplating blankets this week. What makes a good blanket? Why are some more used and loved than others? I don't know that I've ever had an iron-clad attachment. My children haven't. But we have had some blankets that seem to fit us better than others.

The gift of love: My friend Clarissa made this red/blue/yellow blanket for Austin when he was born. It wasn't the fleece that Shane prefered so it took me a while to get to using it- now its the best! We love that blanket, and the way it came into our home made it even better.
We like fleece... Last Christmas, some friends doorbell ditched us this fun plaid blanket. It's very simple and very cuddly.
Shane likes to have certain blankets for different occasions. When he's napping when he's sick, he opts for old-fashion cuddles.
That means he likes the blanket I had when I was little. It's seen alot, but it's soft flannel is the perfect cure for cold or fever.
When Shane was small- my awesome sister-in-law (and my brother too) sent us a fleecy with his name on it. He sleeps with it now. The more aware of himself he gets, the more special this blanket becomes. It's something that's 100% his
Brett has a favorite blanket too. Made by his mom, in scout colors; this blanket + couch + Dad = Moms on her own! Austin and I had to steal it for his (our) bed to keep Dad from checking out too much. He's been kind enough to let us keep it, unless it's a sleep emergency.

A perfect blanket is a treasure, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!