Monday, February 16, 2009

Flavor of Romance

Valentines Day was caught up in work and a get together with some friends. They'll be moving this summer and their dad left today. So Brett and I scooted our plans to today- red letter holiday! My visiting teachers called to see if they could visit, but Brett and I had decided to have an afternoon date. They were so excited for me; they volunteered to watch Austin. It's no secret that I don't get out much and Brett and I don't "go out" at all. I'm sure they were envisioning flowers and chocolates, a picnic... we went shooting. It was lots of fun to get out and blast nothing. I hadn't fired anything for over 3 years. But, Brett isn't exactly an event planner and after the initial discussion, my VT didn't consult me on the specifics of the day, she only spoke to Brett. I dropped Shane at school, Dad woke up at 12:30, at 1 we dropped Austin off. Then we had to stop at the shop for the right ammo, then the 15 minute drive to the shooting range. Half an hour was enough to get a few rounds through each gun we'd brought. (I forgot to grab my headset and had to shoot sans ear protection. Only th .45 made my ears ring.) Back to the school by 2:15 and then to pick up Austin and get them home. Dinner will be DeGiorno pizza and some movies.
That's our version of a 'hot date'. Not your typical flavor of romance, but it works for us. Hope your days were as good.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an Alaska man's dream date :) I'll bet it was fun for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!