Sunday, February 8, 2009

Slightly Damp

On the days I work, I usually walk the half mile or so down there. Great to just be by myself for a bit. But, we live in Alaska still- you have to be prepared for inclement weather. Saturday when I woke up, the rain had eased up to more of a sprinkle. So I donned my wonderful raincoat
Slipped on my Muck boots- greatest boots ever invented! And headed out the door.
Then the rain started REALLY coming down-
I was too far (and too late) to turn back, and not far enough toward my goal.
Let's say I got a little damp.
At least from where my coat stopped and my boots started. The rest of me was dry.

The front of my pants was SOAKED! And there weren't nothin' I could do about it!
Next time, remind me to wear my plastic pants.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Alaska sometimes. Then I see things like this and I know the good Lord sent me here to the south for some much needed sunshine. My heart goes out to you though... when I worked at the police department in Cordova, I didn't have a vehicle, just my walking feet. Rain or shine I had to get there, and I was often soaked like you :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!