My younger sister started a bit of project this month. Down at BYU Provo, she's started a Family History class. I don't know if it was a class suggestion, or just an idea that popped into her noggin', but she put out the request for all of the siblings to write down any stories we can rembember from our Dad. He passed away in July of '02 and had a very full life, jam packed with an interesting variety of experiences.
I used to love to write, so I found a moment or two in the middle of the night to jot down my favorites of the stories he used to tell. As I wrote each story- only a paragraph or two for each- I started remembering bits and peices of others. I typed them up as I finished writing them and sent them off to the whole crew, asking for correction for any mistakes. Mom has been a huge help, giving me more accurate facts and is very patient with my prodding.
It's been really fun to think about all the old stories. Maybe I'll post some soon- once I get as many facts as I can right. Thanks Shannon for starting this! I have a half-dozen more in progress for you!
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
What a great idea. Family stories really interest me.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project... maybe I should get ambitious and do something similar in our family while my parents are both still living..... NAH.... I don't see myself being that ambitious yet!
ReplyDeleteHey! Where in the world did you get the cool bouncer???? I NEED ONE for my Hellions!!!!
Take Care,
Rosanna