Sunday, June 8, 2008

Upstairs & Downstairs


So, Austin has learned a new trick just this week... Stairs.

He's been doing 1-3 stairs for a couple weeks now. Then one day, I blinked. No, what happened was; I ran upstairs to swap the laundry and left the boys playing in the living room. Austin decided that he needed to keep an eye on his trouble-making mom. I turned around and there he was at the top with a big ol' grin. Shane came running up after us when he heard my surprised exclaimation and we all cheered Austin!



Yeah! Big Boy! Yeah!

Stopping to explore the miscellaneous mess on the way up.



At the top!!


What a Big Boy!

Now, whenever Austin disappears we can guess where he's headed. Sometimes we'll hear his muffled holler of lonliness even before we've missed him. I even timed him yesterday, under 2 minutes, with pausing every few stairs to look back to make sure I was still following him with the camera.

Now if we could just manage the concept of safely coming down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!