Ok, Saturday, Brett wanted to go fishing again- so he set up for the boys to go to a friend's home while I was at work. Brett woke up sick, but I took the boys over anyway- they LOVE to go play! I was late getting home from work, so Brett had already picked up the boys. His beg grin and silent chuckling worried me a bit. When I asked what was going on, he said that Austin had had an adventure- he sketched out a few of the bits he remembered and insisted I ask my friend for the rest of the story. Here it is... in her words...
(Others' names omited or changed to protect her privacy and ease embarassment- hope you guys like the ones I picked out for you.)
I was very careful not to let Austin get out on to the porch since the rails are too far apart. (This was discovered the first time they played there) Since that escape was blocked he decided that it was fun to open the front door. Bev and Gabe stopped by to pick up Brandy and the next thing we knew, Austin was at the bottom of the stairs by the drive way. We had a nice little laugh about how fast he is and how he climbs everything. After they left I put boxes in front of the door so he couldn't get out again. When Kaylee left to play outside with her friend the boxes didn't get put back and I forgot about them. When I went to use the bathroom, he made his escape. The next thing I knew my neighbor was bringing my dogs back because my door was opened. I thanked her and jokingly asked if she had seen Austin. (I had just come out of the bathroom and hadn't had time to see where he was. The other two were playing games on the computer.) She looked absolutely shocked and asked if I was talking about a cute little one year old whom she found in her garden climbing on some big rocks. She said she didn't recognize him and had asked the other neighbors who were outside if they had seen him before and since no one knew who he was, they called the police. The officer showed up about 5 minutes later! Here I was looking like I couldn't handle the tiniest little boy and having to explain to strangers about my bathroom habits. I'm glad Brett is laughing because I'm still in shock. You would think since the dogs were out too that they might have made the connection. So you can see that no cookies (as apology) or cameras (for documentation) were needed, just a story to add to his baby book and a friend who needs different door handles.
Brett says the Police Officer stayed to lecture my poor friend. I feel awful! Now you know why I don't get out much, they always come up with something like this to find trouble.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
OH MY! What a handful he is! You should get one of those things for your keys, you carry a remote and it beeps to help you find, ahem, what ever might be missing.
ReplyDelete