The crash wasn't big enough to worry me. Most parents learn the difference between harmless crashes and trouble. When Shane came running up to me (how they get up to a full run from 6 feet away I haven't figured out just yet) I wasn't too concerned and didn't look up far from the e-mail I was writing. I gave a quick glance to make sure that he was in one piece, and then let understanding/ comforting noises issue from me to show that everything is ok in the world. (even though I had no clue what had happened)
Next thing I know, Shane is bawling on the stairs. He'd put himself on time out.
It took a few minutes to calm him down, make sure he wasn't hurt after all, and find out what had happened. Some movies had fallen off the top of the TV, behind the entertainment center- totally reachable and no big deal. Shane was convinced that he was in deep trouble- it was rather funny to see his sad little face as we checked on the movies. No damage, but he still refused to touch them.
What a funny nut!
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
That is funny! Abby won't put herself in time-out - but she puts her dolls in time out. That is pretty funny. They have to sit with their nose against the wall (only thing that works for her) and then she tells them they need to stop crying before they can get out. Kids....
ReplyDelete