
On the planes, Shane was content to sit or cuddle; while Austin was keen on making new friends. I tried to keep him from being obnoxious. On the way home, when Shane was being sick all over, Austin's big blue eyes and ready smile found a friend (a minister at a local church) willing to help entertain and hold him while I was occupied with Shane.
Seattle Airport had this cool play area for the younger kids. We made a few new friends and had a grand time getting out the wiggles on all the airport themed play stuff.
Shane was thrilled to find a slide, no matter how short. It was lots of fun; until some bigger kids came in (they had one of those carnival signs- "you must be under this tall to play in ..." ) and started being rowdy and climing on non-climbing toys. Then Austin dropped a load and it was the perfect excuse to leave tactfully.
The moving walkways was an INSTANT hit. Escalators, elevators and anything that moved attracted these two like flies to honey!
The phones were discovered very quickly too. Mom was mean and refused to hand over any money to make the magic toys work.
But it was loads of fun any way!
Not everyone was enthusiastic to explore these strange new places and the joy they bring. Dad did his duty, letting my use the little girls room alone once or twice, and then took up luggage patrol. (what I think is funny is that the kids and I were able to sneak up and get things out of our bags, even the ones under him, and Brett didn't even stir!)
It looks like things went well... You were a great entertainer :) I do not miss airports w/my kids!
ReplyDelete