Thursday, April 16, 2009

Burning Daylight

The sun has returned to the north! Usually this is cause for celebration. Unless you're a mom. Bedtimes all over the state are getting debated now. How can it be bedtime if it's still light outside? My kids are hellions when it comes to bedtime anyway, so you can imagine the fun we've been having lately.
Part of my problem (and solution) is all these wonderful windows in our house. I truely love them, and love looking into the calming green of the woods behind our place. But, in an effort to preserve the blinds in this unit (the other unit's blinds started trashed and the boys further mangled them) we've decided not to use them at all. So, now I need to find alot of curtain material!
As you can imagine, with no Walmart to offset costs, buying material in large amounts (like over a yard) is a cringe-worthy purchase. Oh for a JoAnn's. >sigh<
So, I have a favor to ask of you all. If, on your rambles through all the wonderful stores down there, you notice any great material for cheap-o, or even actual pre-made curtains for cheap-o, snap a picture and/or give me a call. We'd pay you back and pay shipping as well if it's something that works. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. We have some awesome light blocking ones... I'll check the price next time I go to the store and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we bought all the fabric for Alicia's wedding at fabric.com and fabricdepot.com

    They are both awesome. I have never regretted a single yard I have bought from them.

    Fabric Depot is the largest fabric store west of the Mississippi - it is on 122nd in Portland. They are the people that started Joanns - back when it was just fabric - good fabric.

    These guys have GREAT fabric and like to keep it current so they have great sales. LOVE YOU - Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!