Saturday, October 3, 2009

Food Blog: Halibut

Ok- For all y'all that we've given Halibut and other white fish to lately... here's what I like to do with it.- sorry this first picture is sideways... You take your fillet. And cut it so it's not too thick- I like it right around 1" thick.
It will take some practice to cut parallel to the cutting board so don't stress it too much.
The experts say to flour it first.
I seasoned it a little bit.

Egg

Cracker meal- these I made myself, though you can find them at the store at times.
I seasoned these too, but you don't have to and it will still be good.
This is what it'll look like.
Now, I lightly coated the foil (or pan- I just didn't want to do dishes) with olive oil.
I also moderately drizzle olive oil over the coated fish- helps it crisp up nice.
With all fish, you bake it Hot and Quick.
Today I used 425* and it took over 20 minutes.
Last time I used 450* and it didn't take near as long and was done through too.

Ta da!

Remember, you want to try to catch it when it's done but not dried out

Eat up!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! We still have halibut from Kodiak, so I may have to try your method!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!