Saturday, July 25, 2009

Campout

Arrived without chumming the water- always a good sign!

Not 1/2 hour later- Austin sits in the water.
I don't think I brought enought clothes for this.
Me and Austin cuddling on the beach.
Shane being a big boy- he's absolutely soaked and doesn't care!
First exploration with a jump rope- have to get us one of those.
Cheese Mom!
They LOVED this swing.
As you can see, it was pretty high off the ground.
Our friends made this moss bed for one of thier dogs, who wasn't interest.
So Paco enjoyed it, out of the way of running kid feet.
Shane's turn.
SUPERMAN!
(not staged!)
Facing the climb.
They both could manage the ladder up to the loft where we slept, they just weren't terribly thrilled about it. Or maybe that's me projecting my nervousness on them- it was pretty high for such little legs. But no one fell to their deaths.

For the first trip out in 2 years (and totally cheating by going with the cabin), it was a very fun weekend away. The older kids were great friends to the little ones and even the rain wasn't too bad. Now I just need a walkie-talkie to communicate with Brett having fun out at the fire while I'm up in the loft making sure my kids don't try to climb over the railing trying to find me.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the good ole Kodiak camp-outs.... I miss those!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!