We had a major break-through this week.
With all the sunshine and time outside, we've also spent alot of time in the tub.
SHANE actually started sitting down in the tub!
You've probably nnever heard the screaming from bathtime washing. And for obvious reasons, pictures of him standing (or tiptoeing) through 6+ inches if water, don't get posted.
And for anyone that knows SI, a step forward is a HUGE deal. So to sum it up...
We are excited over Shane's wet butt!
On the other hand...
Austin was working on some more teeth the other night. Fever, snotty nose, the whole nine-yards. And nursing ALL NIGHT LONG. It wouldn't have been so bad, but he was in pain and wasn't being careful what he did with the 4 teeth he already has. ow. Major OW!
So I cut him off.
If any of you have tried weaning cold turkey, t's not fun for anyone, on any level.
The pitiful tears and cuddling, and Austin hated it too.
No, I had the remnants of pain to keep me going while all Aussie had was a sippy cup and binky.
We did ok all day. But as dark came on and the clock ticked away toward it's zenith, my resolve melted like a sugar cube in hot tea. So I gave in a bit last night, to get everyone some sleep, and to ease some of my physical uncomfortableness.
We're back on the wagon this morning and again... I feel like the biggest villan ever!
I've never seen one, but I've heard tales of 5 year olds nursing.
Will my willpower be strong enough to keep my kid from being one?
Awww, best of luck to you girlie... just keep in mind that when it's done, you'll miss it... and he'll want to stop at some point, probably long before he turns 5.
ReplyDelete