I arranged to do a craft day today, to encourage interest in the kids craft books that I'm selling through Usborne. As I was setting up the paper, cutting out potato stamps, and adding soap to the paints, I realized that aside from ColorWonder- Shane has never painted before! I was quite ashamed of myself- and totally pleased when he was actually interested in sticking his fingers and hands in the paint! Yeah!
It di start a bit slow, but as I showed him all he could do, he warmed up to the task.
Austin didn't have any problem slipping right into the fun- literally.
In fact, he had a really hard time staying upright long enough to explore the paints.
But he refused to just sit and enjoy, so... I let him learn the hard way.I had to wash him otherwise Dad wasn't going to touch him.
When I came back to check on Shane,
he'd discovered a fun way to paint that I hadn't shown him.
Splatter painting!
Lots of fun, but not so great for my kitchen.
(It sounds truely cute when he says it.)
Thhe end product wasn't so bad, but I'd stuck so much soap in the paint to make them washable, they didn't stick to the poster paper very well. I'll have to work on that.
Bath time- washing off the colors.
Totally fun and totally cute- we'll have to do Saturday paint days more often.
We did have one little friend come over, but as soon as he was stripped down, he didn't want to paint. So we let him do his own thing a la pull-up until his dad came back to get him.
Thhe end product wasn't so bad, but I'd stuck so much soap in the paint to make them washable, they didn't stick to the poster paper very well. I'll have to work on that.
Bath time- washing off the colors.
Totally fun and totally cute- we'll have to do Saturday paint days more often.We did have one little friend come over, but as soon as he was stripped down, he didn't want to paint. So we let him do his own thing a la pull-up until his dad came back to get him.
Next project.. fall leaves? Halloween fun? Fairy castles?
I don't know- any suggestions?


Looks like fun, I love how much you update, it's really fun to read about what you and your crazy boys are up to.
ReplyDelete