I have a rant that I need to get out of my system, don't mind me...
Will someone explain this to me?...
Yesterday was an insane day. After work, there was the RS Broadcast and a luncheon, I had to deliver a hostess packet to someone (finding houses is not my strong point) and to top it off, some friends were having a game night that we had to get to. Things were rushed but not too bad all day... until I got home at 6 with the boys to get ready to leave for the party by 6:45. I knew Brett was upstairs, but I was running around cleaning up so I didn't stress his absence until 6:30 when it was high time for me to go pick up our babysitters. I found Brett in the bathroom cutting his hair- holler for him to hurry so I can go get the girls. 15 minutes later and I'm back pounding on the door. I reiterate the reason for speed and as I head back down the stairs- I hear the shower turn on! At 7, Brett's finally clothed and I dash out the door to pick up the brave souls who we employed for the night. Rushing through instructions and tips, I get Brett out the door and he hands me his cell phone to call and let them know we were on our way. Then he gets frustrated with ME because I don't have their number memorized!
It gets better...!
Today was our Primary Presentation Sunday. As primary teacher- I told Brett straight up that I could not be late. I also needed him there to watch Austin (and Shane when he wasn't doing his part) We both went to sleep pretty late last night (er... this morning. Wild Hogs- funny show) I drag myself out of bed at 8 to start getting everything ready for getting the monsters dressed and everything we'd need in the car to go. I wake Brett up at 9. I feel that that's a very generous time considering everything that has to get done before church; like walk and feed the dog, dress the boys and shower (I've noticed that Brett's favorite time to shower is 10-15 minutes before we have to BE somewhere). Someday I'll get to wear makeup to church again, and maybe even brush my hair. I've often wondered why, as the first person up of a Sunday morning, I'm the one that looks awful every week? But I digress... At 9:35 I finally go up until he actually gets out of bed- the usual crazy Sunday morning havoc ensues. Kids need shoes and coats... where's the milk... put the bags in the car.. where's my manual, etc. That last one is what got to me.
All this time, he'd grump at me if I forgot to bring his lesson manual. Today I made sure it was in my bag and in the car. Yeah- today he's mad because he came down stairs at 5 'til 10 with a paper he wanted to put into his manual and the book was already in the car.
How is it, after all the aggravation and stress he's given me, he thinks he has justification to be frustrated and mad at me?! What The Heck!
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
I think being married is the most difficult, and yes, rewarding things anyone can do. Just think someday, the kiddies will be gone and you'll have to be alone with him! Hang in there girl we've all been there. Thank goodness for prayer and other women to vent to.
ReplyDeleteTake a deep breath! in through the nose out through the mouth. it is just getting to you a litle recently. remember in all your "venting" to your friends find time to talk peacfully to him abut it. maybe you could stop everything the next time it happen, be late, just gently talk to him about it, your married you can work through little things like this.
ReplyDelete