Today was the last day of school. A day to expect fun and excitement. It was also beautifully sunny and HOT. The Preschool had planned a parade, followed by a sundae party for the last hour of school. So I sent Shane off on the bus knowing that I'd see him then, if not sooner (depending on if I could get daddy to wake up sooner)
I couldn't get Daddy or Austin to cooperate, so when the appointed party time came around, I threw AT in the car kicking and crying and left daddy asleep in bed so I wouldn't be late.
I was met at the front doors of the school by Ms Margaret (Shane's Head Teacher) and the principal. They led me back outside to meet the owner of the bus company and another gentleman.
Shane had been forgotten on the bus.
I'll say it again....
Shane had been FORGOTTEN ON the bus.
As they pieced the story together, I was suprised at how calm I was.
So, the little bus gets to the school and unloads it's half-dozen passengers. Mr. Sheldon asked, as he does everyday if that was everyone. Yup, and off they go thier seperate ways. Somehow the school figured that maybe I was bringing Shane later just for the party- forgetting that I ALWAYS call.
At the bus lot- 45 minutes later, an anonymous gentleman with a pretty cool hat is walking by and notices some movement in the back seat of one of the little buses. Closer examination finds a little boy patiently chillin' out with his big ol' ear buddies (old earprotection headphones from the hangar). He gets the owner of the bus company and they ask Shane what he's doing. "Waiting to go to school."
They take him to school and wait 10 minutes or so for me to come and hear the news.
EVERYONE was impressed with how calm Shane was the entire time. And no one really understood when I said I understood the mistake (Shane's a quiet and patient guy and totally zones out when he has those headphones on). I'm sure the driver and the helper were both horrified to find out what they'd done (or not done).
Later on Shane told me he cried a little while he was waiting on the bus, but he sure didn't let it affect the rest of his day. What a crazy thing to happen to such a trooper.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!