Over the last few years, there have been a few dreams that I've latched onto and then shoved in a corner as life takes over. Getting back in touch with people on Facebook has me looking at all they've accomplished, and I understand my Mom's feelings of ... not exactly failure, but not completing much either. I know that motherhood is the ultimate of all jobs, but there are other things I feel strongly about too.
Since Shane came along, I'd often thought I'd like to become a doula- helping someone through such a wonderful, important step in thier lives would be great. But odds are not that great for completing such a training- or making much use of it if I did.
Lately I've really become frustrated with how unknown and unrecognized Sensory Integration Dysfunction is. But how I would go about becoming an educator and advocate for that- I just don't know.
So what's a girl to do?
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
Ah, motherhood. The selfless and often under-appreciated, greatest job of all! This has helped me a lot lately....
ReplyDelete"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men." Colossians 3:23
Helps keep the first things first in my mind. The Lord's priorities are not the world's priorities... and all too often I'm thinking like the world. This little verse reminds me that He sees all I do, and that loving (like a mommy) is right up His alley.