Happy Easter!
The Easter Beagle (yes, re-read that) visited our house.
(the bananas are an attempt to get something healthy down them before they attack the candy. It worked with Shane, but led to a screaming fit with Austin.)
Surprise!
When Shane took off to look at the eggs, Austin was still admiring his basket and bunny.
Immediately, Shane started organizing the eggs according to type- real vs plastic, size, and coloring- the reg dyed vs the painted ones.Talk about OCD!
Austin had fun finding them in all the odd places the Easter Beagle hid them.
So did Shane...

Austin had fun finding them in all the odd places the Easter Beagle hid them.
So did Shane...
For a while, Mom was base, and all eggs came to where I sat on the stairs.
Then they got to be sooo many...
Then they got to be sooo many...And made sure they'd gotten every last egg.
Shane (after his banana) went straight for his chocolate rabbit- which is odd since he's not much of a chocolate fan. He methodically removed and ate the bunny's carrot, then it's candy eyes, and then cut off the poor things ears (there was no tail otherwise I'm sure it'd have been on the removal list).
Shane (after his banana) went straight for his chocolate rabbit- which is odd since he's not much of a chocolate fan. He methodically removed and ate the bunny's carrot, then it's candy eyes, and then cut off the poor things ears (there was no tail otherwise I'm sure it'd have been on the removal list).The Easter Beagle had struck AGAIN!
Thanks to our Home Teacher couple who like to spoil the boys shamelessly.
They would hide all the painted/dyed eggs for Dad to find!
Although, by the time we got to the last couple they'd forgotten where they'd put them and had lost interest in finding them anyway. Those were the hardest to find too. It took us over 1/2 an hour to find the last one.
Then I took the cracked and damaged eggs and started on a tray of devilled eggs- Brett's favorite egg food. I got all prepped and then had to sit down, so Austin decided to finish the job for me.
Then I took the cracked and damaged eggs and started on a tray of devilled eggs- Brett's favorite egg food. I got all prepped and then had to sit down, so Austin decided to finish the job for me.He actually did really well and had that one not flipped over (he got filling on his fingers trying to fix it and needed help in getting it off) we wouldn't have known what he was up to!
Later on, when Mom and Dad were snacking on the devilled eggs, Austin decided Dad needed soem direction. It was too hilarious watching him carefully select an egg half, scoop a bit of filling and fill the egg, hand it to Dad to add the paprika, and then ORDER him to "bite, bite!"
Another Easter gone, Shane is still asking to paint Easter Beagle eggs every day.
The only down-side was that I didn't feel up to going to conference
(and my little laptop isn't up to it either.)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!