Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Prep

We did the requisit egg dying, both with our friends in Hidden Falls and here at home.
Points to remember-
-Easter Unlimited dye is silly. You have to use warm eggs and can't refrigerate the colored eggs or the dye "will become wet and may stain". LAME!
-If there is a dye problem, a good soak in water will wash it off the egg (Austin proved it for PAAS dyes too).
AFTER we got the eggs dyed, I got the dried eggs and let Shane and Austin go to with real paints on them (acrylics)
Shane was fastidious, made very colorful eggs, and barely made a mess...
Austin mixed his colors, got paint all over his hands and tummy, and used his paintbrush water to soak the eggs, maybe to wash off the paint? He gave up after only a handful of eggs and asked for a bath.
It's kinda silly, but I really loved how they turned out!
though the picture doesn't quite do them justice.
I think we'll make this a fun tradition, maybe someday we'll get some really creative ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!