Saturday, March 6, 2010

Microwave Magic

Yesterday, the boys decided to play wonderfully downstairs, so I was trying to relax up in bed between emergencies. But, by the afternoon, I came down stairs to the beeping of the microwave. Thinking it was just Austin pushing buttons for fun, I didn't worry too much, until I noticed a shadow revolving in the light of the micro waves and heard a pop.
I opened the door to find a completely popped bag of popcorn in there- with the plastic wrapper half melted to the bag. (NOT the microwave thank goodness) Austin was VERY excited and demanded his treat- since he worked so hard to get it.
His independance was so adorable, that there was no question that he was getting popcorn. BUT, the bag he'd worked so hard on was burnt (happens when you cook it for 7 minutes).
So I got Austin back up on his strategically placed chair, and showed him the steps of making popcorn- especially the take the plastic off part. And he enjoyed a brand new bag of yummo scout popcorn.

Fast forward.

Austin just handed me a package of popcorn with the cutest little "plee" to open the plastic for him. How could I say no? Slight problems when he forgot which button to push, but Daddy helped and they succeeded in a bag of popcorn that wasn't much over cooked.

Hooray for independance!
Coming soon: Shane starts to ride the bus as an everyday thing! I'll take pictures this time.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there to take those two off your hands for a bit! I miss you very much, and I hope you get to feeling better fast.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!