I wait a minute... sure enough the knob jiggles a bit. There's a scratching sound at the edge of the door. Then he yells "Maaaa". I kept quiet to see what he would do. He yelled for a few more times and when the worried tone starts to creep into his voice, I reach for the doorknob to let the little guy out. LOCKED! Austin's cries are panicked and pitiful, but the boys had been playing with our "keys" (a big ol' nail), so it's not on the radiator right there by the door where it usually is. As I turn to run upstairs, hoping they'd left that "key" alone, my foot kicks a shoe into the closet and I hear a muffled ping of the nail. By the time I scrambled through the pile of shoes to find the wayward "key", Austin is at wake-the-neighborhood volume.
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
He is so stinkin cute! Poor little man.
ReplyDeleteLOL...that is a common occurance in our house. Somehow the kids have managed to lock themselves in their rooms more times than I can count.
ReplyDelete