I can figure out how to do pictures on this thing so I hope I can describe everything sufficiently because in REALLY excited about it!
Cruising Pinterest a while back I saw a super cute skirt off Etsy made from some light material and the rear portion of some old jeans. I just happened to have just discovered a hole in the rear of some of my favorite jeans AND received the mailer from JoAnn's, so
I thought, what the hey!
I finally GOT to the store today and as I poked around looking for THE fabric (I even considered doing it in fleece) I came upon a genius set of items for sale. Part 1 was a basic white 1/2 apron but going across it's front was 3 strips of white snaps. Curious. Part 2 was a package of quirky matching ruffle strips as long as the apron was wide and about 6" wide... ... ... with a row of snaps across the back of the gathered seam. So the idea is that you can snap your ruffles onto your apron- interchangeable, express yourself! Awesome.
And then I had my OWN stroke of genius- or at least *I* think so.
WHAT IF... ... ... ...what if after you gathered the skirt (from the beginning of the post) and instead sewed it onto a stretch of tape with snaps on? And affixed another tape with snaps on onto the jeans piece?
You could swap them out a breeze. The snaps would have to be a little sturdier or your children may decide to undo them... but the theory is there. ... What do you think?
Beautiful Light Blue Plaid Flannel Shirt
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping a note on our blog! I'm excited to see what you have to say (and have a little round-about adult interaction!) Please don't put up any personal info- email that directly to me. :) Thanks so much!